Under 10 rules 2017
Posted by Chris Fuller on 07/03/2016 16:40
- Each team in the competition shall consist of ten players.
- The pitch shall be 20 yards in length and the ball shall be 4.75 oz. in weight. A pink incrediball specified by the league shall be used for Under-10 matches unless both sides agree to use a normal cricket ball.
- A match shall comprise of two innings, one from each team, and each consisting of fifteen * SIX ball overs.
- The score in each innings shall be calculated as 200 plus any runs scored (including extras) minus five for each wicket conceded.
- In the event that a match is curtailed by inclement weather or abandoned for other valid reason where at least nine overs have been completed in the second innings the score in the second innings shall be calculated from the last fully completed over as follows :-
Subtract from the runs scored (including extras) at the end of the last fully completed over five runs for each wicket conceded up to that point
Divide that by the number of overs fully completed
Multiply by fifteen and round up to the nearest whole run
Add 200 runs
For example, if 45 runs have been scored and 4 wickets conceded by the end of the 10th over then the 2nd innings score shall be
(((45 – 4*5) ÷ 10) * 15) + 200
= 30 + 200
- The team with the greater score shall be the winner. In the event that the scores are equal the match shall be a tie.
- The LBW rule shall not apply.
- Wides and no balls shall score two runs plus any runs taken by running between the stumps or by boundaries or by overthrows.
- Wides and no balls shall only be re-bowled in the last over of each innings and still count as two runs
- No player shall bowl more than two overs in an innings.
- Each team shall bat in pairs for three overs per pair.
- A batter dismissed shall NOT face the following delivery excepting for clauses below.
- In the event of an injury to a batter for which they retire their partner shall continue with a runner at the non-strikers end.
- In the event of an odd number of batters, the opposition shall select from the opposition team a player who will bat twice. This must occur before the start of the match and before the batter has played.
- County U10 players should not play soft ball cricket but should play U11 cricket.