Under 13 Cric8 rules 2018
Posted by Chris Fuller on 13/02/2018 14:59
3.9 UNDER 13 Cric8 league
- Each team in the competition shall consist of eight players.
- The pitch shall be 19 yards in length and the pink ball specified by the league shall be 4.75 oz. in weight.
- A match shall comprise of two innings, one from each team, and each consisting of 16 * six ball overs.
- Players will bat in pairs for 4 overs each pair.
- If a batsman is dismissed, then 5 runs is deducted, and the other batsman faces the next ball.
- The batsman who faced the last ball of the over should not face the first ball of the net over, so if they take a single or three, then don’t swap, otherwise swap.
- Each pair faces 4 different bowlers (except the first/last pair who might get 2 overs from the wicket-keeper)
- All bowling will happen from one end (same end for both innings)
- Everyone must bowl at least 2 overs (except Wicket-keeper which is optional)
- If the wicket-keeper does not bowl, then 2 players may bowl 3 overs each, but never more than 1 to each pair.
- If the Wicket-keeper is going to bowl, then they should bowl the first two, or last two overs of the innings. Wicket-keepers should only change once per innings.
- No fielders within 11 yards of the batsman when the ball is bowled.
- Must be 3 fielders on each side of the wicket
- The LBW rule will apply in full
- Wides and No balls will count 2 runs plus any runs scored, and not rebowled (except the last over of the innings).
- In the event that a match is curtailed by inclement weather or abandoned for other valid reason where at least nine overs have been completed in the second innings the score in the second innings shall be calculated from the last fully completed over as follows :-
Subtract from the runs scored (including extras) at the end of the last fully completed over five runs for each wicket conceded up to that point
Divide that by the number of overs fully completed
Multiply by fifteen and round up to the nearest whole run
Add 200 runs
For example, if 45 runs have been scored and 4 wickets conceded by the end of the 10th over then the 2nd innings score shall be
(((45 – 4*5) ÷ 10) * 15) + 200
= 30 + 200
The team with the greater score shall be the winner. In the event that the scores are equal the match shall be a tie.